AmigaActive (1695/2143)

From:Richard Lane
Date:26 May 2000 at 02:07:28
Subject:Re: Tempted by Photogenics V4.x

Hello Adam

On 25-May-00, Adam Eccleshall wrote:

>> I've just had a another read of the Photogenics 4.x review and a look at
>> the web site, and I'm very tempted to buy it. Currently I own V2, which
>> though good is a bit long in the tooth now (never did like those silly
>> widget gadget thingys). Anyone else got the latest version and care to
>> comment on it?

> Sometimes it can be a bit slow, but given what it's doing, it's
> to be expected from a 040/40.

I should be OK then as I have a 060/50, sadly no GFX card....yet.

> The fire effects are fun to play with. I specifically went out
> and took some photos of buildings to be butchered with those ones
> 3^D

Hmmm, sounds like fun. :)

> Some of the effects are very cool- I particularly like the burn
> through effect (more fire :)).

You have a thing about fire? :)

> The UI is still a bit dodgy, IMO.

Well it cant be any worse than the odd way the GUI on version 1.x/2.x works,
that's really frustrating.

> There's also a couple of buttons that look
> odd, but that's just my opinion on the aesthetics, and it doesn't
> actually affect the package at all.

I had a close look at the screen shots on the web site and thought how good
they looked. Though of course how they work in practice may be a different
story altogether.

> All in all, it's a great piece of software.

That's what I was hoping to hear, I might just be able to squeeze the purchase
price out of my budget this month.

Please tell me the Cloner mode is still there, it's one of my favorites.

>> Apart from the obvious what other stuff is on the CD, fonts etc.
>
> There's a small galery, produced by Paul Nolan, Eric Schwartz and
> Rod Volkmar (!?!), and a small selection of sample images showing
> off the various effects.

> No fonts that I can see.

Darn, I was hoping they'd be a few top quality fonts on there, as some of what
I'll be using it for is logo's, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for
those.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Best Regards, Richard Lane -

amiga@redhotant.com

richard@magnumopus.co.uk

Author: AmiNET - biz/dopus/Magnum_Opus31a.lha
Web site - http://www.magnumopus.co.uk

It's not often I'm right, but I'm wrong this time.

Find long lost high school friends: